PTZ through DVR

Kevern

n3wb
Reaction score
HI.

I have a fonkong DVR where I am able to pull a rtsp stream into blueiris using the respective channel of each camera.
Make: Generic/ONVIF
Media/video/RTSP port: 554 {Enabled RTSP on DVR for port 554}
Model: RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4
Path: /user=xxx&password=xxx&channel=01&stream=0.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100
Camera: 1
Similarly I can pull a stream for each camera using the corresponding channel number and this works fine.
i.e. channel=01 or channel=02 or channel=03 etc. etc.

However, I have now installed a PTZ Analog camera and want to enable PTZ control in blueiris
Most of the Apps for PTZ control send the DVR the instruction {Network} which then instructs the PTZ to move etc. so it is possible.
Ports used are 554, 34567, 34000, 80 etc. tried them all too.

I have enabled PTZ/Control in blue iris for the camera connected to the DVR that is PTZ but no matter what I try I cannot seem to get it right.
I assume that selecting various cameras, blueiris assumes it has direct connection to the camera and may, amongst other things, not be specifying the channel as the DVR is the proxy and would need to instruct the correct camera/channel when sending a pan/tilt etc. command.

I have even looked at custom http and tried several variants of PAN/TILT commands but perhaps params and syntax are killing it.{i.e. not working}

The PTZ camera is a ZA vision {fongkong}, no manufacturers website, manual was completely chinese and I had to use a phototranslator which helped with wiring connections and general info at a DVR level, but no website info.
And yes, the camera is connected and fully functional from Apps like vMEyeSuper XMEye etc.
Also, I have a large property, so I have several DVR's as "dumb" boxes, feeding rtsp streams to blueiris as a central vms system, so please don't say "just use the Mobile Apps" or "use the fongkong web interface" or "buy IP PTZ camera's" as I really need this central on blue iris with what I already have.

Has somebody done this before and can advise, as I would really appreciate a pointer to get me in the right direction to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Kevern

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All.
For those of you having a similar problem the solution was quite simple using BlueIris Version 5.
Simply add:
Make: Hivision
Model: AY8608NL port 34567
PTZ Control: IPC,CantonK
Works with most cheap chinese DVR's running Hi35** series chipsets.
see attached picture.

Attachments