PTZ Zone Help

Reaction score
I have a Ptz with 3 presets on my driveway,
Preset 1 in front of the driveway to as zone A. For preset 2 I have another zone as B.
And preset 3 as zone C.

When I'm panning the camera presets
the area that I have as preset 1 zone A.
Moves while I'm panning around.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Preset 1 in front of the driveway to as zone A. For preset 2 I have another zone as B.
And preset 3 as zone C.

Maybe it's my english, but your question is unclear: does your camera "moves" automatically to preset 1 zone A whatever you do? You can't manually pan your camera? What happens if you choose preset 2? Does it move to that position or not?

I would look in the direction of the camera identification in BI: is this camera autodetected as a PTZ? Did you define it manually?

Reaction score
The camera moves great, but whatever area I have set on preset 1. Moves with the camera. I can see the green area I have set on one preset moving as I pan. Creating unwanted alerts.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
The zones are not tied down to physical locations, but are only relative to what the camera is always seeing. I am unsure how motion detection zones can be used with a PTZ camera which moves.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And preset 3 as zone C.

I don't have a PTZ configured to test this, but from what I understand that is what the override motion zones under the PTZ Control-->edit presets menu is for.

Attachments

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, pmcross, I hadn't realized that was available before.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a PTZ configured to test this, but from what I understand that is what the override motion zones under the PTZ Control-->edit presets menu is for.
Wow... tbh I never noticed that feature before either. Gonna have to play around with it now haha!