PTZ4K-25X-PV reboot/crashing with IVS

SparrowG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I recently got my first PTZ camera from Empiretech and the model is ptz4k-25x-pv.

My problem is that when i have the AI tracking function on ( IVS ) the camera randomly crashes/reboots for some reason, atleast 2-3 times aday.
It feels like when something fast is moving and the camera tries to track it.

I have the camera plugged in to my Ubiquiti dream router which should be able to handle the PoE power needed for the camera.

Does anyone else experienced same kind of problem when a PTZ camera is powered with PoE.
I have tried look in the Log for the camera but that doesn't tell me much to troubleshoot this problem.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some of the ubiquity gear is proprietary power and are problematic for cameras other than theirs.

I do not know if yours is one of those or not, but I would try ail different power source.

Did you do a factory reset when you first got it? Many have found that helps a lot with the newer GUI.

SparrowG

n3wb
Reaction score
Some of the ubiquity gear is proprietary power and are problematic for cameras other than theirs.

I do not know if yours is one of those or not, but I would try ail different power source.

Did you do a factory reset when you first got it? Many have found that helps a lot with the newer GUI.
Today i got myself a PoE+ injector for the camera so now time will tell if this solves my problem :)
I have not Factory reset the camera, the GUI looks pretty new to me and i also did a firmware upgrade yesterday.

That PTZ requires POE+, will not run properly on just POE. You run the risk of burning something up by doing so.
Thanks for reply, bought a PoE+ injector today before i upgrade my switch to a PoE+ :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For a firmware update, best practice is to:

Factory reset
Apply firmware
Factory reset 3 times

People that can get "under the hood" have seen that sometimes all the firmware doesn't take with a simple flash and several factory resets clear it up.

Doesn't mean you won't have an issue, but best practice, especially for a PTZ, is the factory reset process.

SparrowG

n3wb
Reaction score
For a firmware update, best practice is to:

Factory reset
Apply firmware
Factory reset 3 times

People that can get "under the hood" have seen that sometimes all the firmware doesn't take with a simple flash and several factory resets clear it up.

Doesn't mean you won't have an issue, but best practice, especially for a PTZ, is the factory reset process.
Ok! I have nothing to lose to try it out since i don't have any specific settings stored yet