PTZ4M-25X-PV VS PTZ425DB-AT

Reaction score
Hi,
I am considering to add a PTZ camera to my Dahua NVR.
I have doubts what is the better camera for me PTZ4M-25X-PV or the PTZ425DB-AT ? (which is about 70$ cheaper)
Will appreciate answers/recommendations that will help me to choose between the two:
  • Is it worth adding 70$ for the PTZ4M-25X-PV ?
  • Will I get more advanced features? like better day/night vision, internal speaker?
  • does anyone have any experience with the two or have a link to a review or comparison which of them is more capable?
I would spend the extra 70$ for the PTZ4M-25X-PV if I get convinced that it is a better product, or Enjoy more advanced features (IVS/Face Recognition etc..) or superior image

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would also like to know what's the difference between those two PTZ
looks like they are both x25, same sensor size and both IR.....
I'd like to know about the differences between them. is anyone experienced with both?

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The PTZ425DB-AT is a dome camera and better suited to be mounted underneath an eave or horizontal surface. Optional mounts would be needed to mount otherwise.
Also, being a dome camera its IR may not perform as well though I have not noticed on the one that I have. Some say the dome has a tendency to collect dust buildup faster but I have not had that issue as mine has only been mounted less than a year and is protected from the element quite well.
It is less conspicuous as its movement is not as noticable when tracking.

The PTZ4M-25X-PV is new to me as it has the "active deterrence" which I am not a fan of myself but would not stop me from buying one.
It does come with the PFB305W wall mount which is standard on most of the other Dahua midsized PTZ cameras that I have played with and can be used to mount to a pole fairy easily.
I am not absolutely sure but think this camera is a replacement for the old SD49225XA-HNR which I have had very happy with for about 5 years.

Though both of these have audio inputs they DO NOT have built in microphones.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 above.

The PTZ425DB should only be selected if form factor (the smaller camera) is your primary driver. It takes a lot of light for it to get a decent focus at night. The built-in IR doesn't cut it.

Normally the usual size PTZs are better as they have more infrared, but the PTZ4M-25X-PV only has two as well. But I would still think it would perform better at night as it doesn't have the dome to deal with.