Purging cancelled alerts?

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After configuring Blue Iris to use Deepstack AI to look for "person" to provide confirmed alerts I set my motion sensor settings to be far more sensitive to hand more off to Deepstack and stand a better chance picking up the alerts I want.

So far this is working extremely well. The negative result of this more sensitive motion detection is that I now have many cancelled alerts and although I have them filtered out of the main alert list view in BI they’re still stored in the BI DB causing it to grow more than I’m happy with.

Is there a way to have BI auto purge/delete cancelled alerts from the DB? At the moment I’m just manually selecting them in the BI alert list and delete > destroying them a few times a week.

Bosty

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After configuring Blue Iris to use Deepstack AI to look for "person" to provide confirmed alerts I set my motion sensor settings to be far more sensitive to hand more off to Deepstack and stand a better chance picking up the alerts I want.

So far this is working extremely well. The negative result of this more sensitive motion detection is that I now have many cancelled alerts and although I have them filtered out of the main alert list view in BI they’re still stored in the BI DB causing it to grow more than I’m happy with.

Is there a way to have BI auto purge/delete cancelled alerts from the DB? At the moment I’m just manually selecting them in the BI alert list and delete > destroying them a few times a week.
The cancelled clips are also located in the alerts folder. Just go to General Settings -> Clips and archiving -> click Alert folder at bottom left -> check delete. I have mine saet for 1GB and/or 7 day deletion

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The cancelled clips are also located in the alerts folder. Just go to General Settings -> Clips and archiving -> click Alert folder at bottom left -> check delete. I have mine saet for 1GB and/or 7 day deletion
It's not the jpegs in the alerts folder that I'm wanting to purge but the actual alert and low res image which are saved to the database - from what I can see/tell there is no way for Blueiris to auto purge the DB alerts based on confirmed or cancelled but only size or age of all alerts.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not the jpegs in the alerts folder that I'm wanting to purge but the actual alert and low res image which are saved to the database - from what I can see/tell there is no way for Blueiris to auto purge the DB alerts based on confirmed or cancelled but only size or age of all alerts.
The alert is simply a pointer to a clip and takes up insignificant amount of space.

rdagger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just started with Blue Iris and Deep Stack this week.
The Alert Confirmation menu has a checkbox to Hide cancelled alerts on timeline and 'all alerts'.
However, it would be great if the program could automatically delete the saved hi-res images relating to cancelled alerts in the alerts folder. I find it handy to browse the hi-res images in the alerts folder but Windows Explorer is very slow because I have 1000’s of cancelled alerts mixed in with the dozens of confirmed alerts.
I’m guessing there is probably a way to do it using Add to alert list – Database only to stop saving the images and then use a custom On Alert command to save only confirmed alert hi-res images but I haven’t figured it out yet.

Ajampaniki

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running into the same problem, getting a screenshot at least once a minute (might be the storm going on that's causing it atm). My drive actually stopped working properly because of it.
I’m guessing there is probably a way to do it using Add to alert list – Database only to stop saving the images and then use a custom On Alert command to save only confirmed alert hi-res images but I haven’t figured it out yet.
Did you find a solution that worked for you yet?

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you find a solution that worked for you yet?
Sadly not, I ended up disabling alert images and for the mini/thumbnails that go to the DB I manually filter them about once a week in the main BI GUI cancelled alert clip list section and delete them all and then optimise the DB.

In rain, wind, snow etc I get a cancelled alert every few mins, but I don't want to drop the motion sensitivity, I like to pass as much to Deepstack as possible.

Ajampaniki

n3wb
Reaction score
Sadly not, I ended up disabling alert images and for the mini/thumbnails that go to the DB I manually filter them about once a week in the main BI GUI cancelled alert clip list section and delete them all and then optimise the DB.
Beginner question: what do you mean with 'mini/thumbnails that go to the DB' and manually filter them? For me only the confirmed allerts show up, not the cancelled one's. These do show up briefly when the trigger occures, but are almost directly removed again.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Click the little folder icon (highlighted yellow circle) and then select cancelled alerts (2nd yellow highlight) and you'll see all the hidden cancelled alerts, you're current view will be All Clips I guess with the default option of hidding the canceclled ones.

1643645895399.png