Purple Shadow Regions In Frame

Shak

n3wb
Reaction score
An IP camera I've not used for a while appears to have developed an issue with purple "shadows" in predictable but indeterminable places. I've attached a screenshot demonstrating the issue.

It's actually a "hacked" XiaoFang cube camera (one of the first generation of this model), and although I don't expect any warranty (or even a fix) I'm interested in the symptoms from an academic perspective. I've never seen it with this camera (although to be fair I've not really paid attention until now), and I have others (of the same model if not hardware revision) which do not suffer from this.

I can confirm that this isn't an IR cut filter issue (as I can turn that on and off). I believe it's some kind of sensor clipping/exposure issue, but I don't know if it's a software or hardware fault, or even what clips (I can't tell by eye what makes these regions special).

Any ideas?

Attachments

Shak

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for the link, but the problem persists regardless of saturation settings (ie even when black and white!)

Shak

n3wb
Reaction score
Well days later and the CMOS seems to have died (confirmed by testing it with another ip cam), so it seems the purple shadows were a symptom of a sensor on its way out (or I was doing something that was slowly killing it).