Push alerts not working in 5.7.6.8

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need to start getting push alerts, but they are not working. I think I have everything setup correctly. If you would be willing to take a look I would greatly appreciate it! The BI log does NOT show a push being sent.

1685031847276.png

1685031803766.png

1685031914905.png

1685031953441.png

1685031981793.png

1685032095661.png

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This tripped me up for a while as well, until I realized that I also had to go to Settings, Users, Edit user, and add the Push Notification "rights" to this user in the lower left corner of that dialog box (along with which profiles that applies to).

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This tripped me up for a while as well, until I realized that I also had to go to Settings, Users, Edit user, and add the Push Notification "rights" to this user in the lower left corner of that dialog box (along with which profiles that applies to).
Sounds promising... Can you tell me which checkbox you are referring to? Also, which user does this apply to: admin, anonymous, or myself?
Thanks, Eric

1685033333037.png

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds promising... Can you tell me which checkbox you are referring to? Also, which user does this apply to: admin, anonymous, or myself?
Thanks, Eric

View attachment 164089
In your attached image, under Notifications, Push notifications, the rights seem to be assigned correctly (all profiles are turned "on" except the "null" profile of "0"). I set them up this way for any User (Name) that is accessing the official B.I App and needs push notifications to work. Of course, I used that capability for a brief period of time until the Pushover App notification method was developed, which is tied to opening Alerts in UI3, which is a vastly superior user experience with much greater flexibility overall. As such, I haven't really dealt with the official BI app and push notifications for quite a while, and only use it to change Profiles remotely.

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OP here... Strangely, haven't made any changes since thursday, but the push alerts just started working today. Software versions still the same on PC and iOS app.
Eric

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The push notification settings in the "Configure Push Notification" appear to be for profile 3. In the User Settings, it looks like you're looking at the settings for Profile 0.

For what it's worth, I'm just using profile 1 for everything atm, but as a new BI user, I'm probably missing out on something. However, I would check the user profile settings for profile 3 if that's what you're using.

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The push notification settings in the "Configure Push Notification" appear to be for profile 3. In the User Settings, it looks like you're looking at the settings for Profile 0.

For what it's worth, I'm just using profile 1 for everything atm, but as a new BI user, I'm probably missing out on something. However, I would check the user profile settings for profile 3 if that's what you're using.
Thanks for looking so closely at that. It does look like I am looking at profile 0, but actually it is all of them. If I click the numbers individually, they gray out. Not sure why they chose to give 0 a red background instead of a white one like the others.
Eric