Push notification delay increased recently

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FWIW, he responded and said he would have the app changed to use the WAN port. I guess it currently uses the LAN. While that may resolve the issue while not on the LAN, I can imagine it will cause issues if on the LAN.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
No, that was rather poor attempt at photoshoping to give Ken an idea about specifying an alternate port for the push notifications. I WISH that was there, but alas, it is only my imagination.
Ahhh... Sorry, reading too fast.

I've tried pretty much everything and still don't get images with alerts so I'm grasping. ; )

caddyman68

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been experiencing the exact same thing, i think your right about it being related to a recent android update, and the push alert images. I found that going to options-webserver-advanced and uncheck (send rich push 3D notifications) fixes the delay.

That seemed to work for me. My delay was sometimes up to 3 minutes - can't have that on a security system. Not sure what difference "rich 3d" made in my alerts (other than this delay). Thanks and thankfully I didn't spend days searching for the solution