Push notification delay

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Posting this for my brother who is having problems, but doesn't have the time to post here for help.

He has several tablets on this LAN that he's using for LAN monitors. They're all running the same Android OS and latest version of the BI app.

When an alert is triggered, and a push notification is set to all his devices, the tablets don't get the notice for several minutes. His cell phone (on cell data), which is also running the same version of Android and latest BI app notifies immediately.

Are there server-side things that might cause the notifications to queue up? What kinds of things could cause push notification delays?

The cell on the LAN continues to receive real-time notices (indicating that it's not a LAN issue). If he logs out of the server while on the LAN and logs back in again, then the delay is present on the cell. But if he switches from cell data to wifi w/o logging out of app, it stays instant.

Chris TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't know if this will answer the issue entirely, but I do know that when I had delays, I reordered the devices in "mobile devices" tab, in server settings to the top of the list, putting the most important to receive notification first.

This solved my issues of delays

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. He has deleted all but his cell and a single tablet - and the delays still exist. In fact, after more testing this evening, there does appear to be a randomness/inconsistency to it. He is experiencing delays on his cell while on cell data - though not as often.

I"m wondering if there isn't some queuing going on with the service provider (cloud) that Ken may be using for the push service. Though, I haven't personally seen any delays or queuing on my end.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. He has deleted all but his cell and a single tablet - and the delays still exist. In fact, after more testing this evening, there does appear to be a randomness/inconsistency to it. He is experiencing delays on his cell while on cell data - though not as often.

I"m wondering if there isn't some queuing going on with the service provider (cloud) that Ken may be using for the push service. Though, I haven't personally seen any delays or queuing on my end.
Mine have been kind of slow at times too lately. As you say there's some randomness to it. Sometimes it works fine. Other times it may take several minutes or more. Today has been normal I'd say. Last week very slow at times. I think that you're probably right that it's related to something on the back end. I've checked and pretty exhausted any other explanations for the variance on my end. I just don't change or have loading or other things happening enough to account for the same camera(s) working well one hour to not well later to back to working fine again.