Push notification with snapshot

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've searched around online and can't find anything about it.

I don't think it's possible to get push notifications (with gDMSS/DMSS) with a camera snapshot attached right?
Something like this.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua does send push notifications, if you click on them, you can get a thumbnail of it. I personally don't like it (takes a bit too much time), so I have configured for a couple of cams that they send out an email (your cam will send out two actually, one with the alarm, another with the "alarm clearance"). Within that email, you can attach a screenshot. As my mail app is much faster than xDMSS, I prefer that.

Hope this helps,
CC

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dahua does send push notifications, if you click on them, you can get a thumbnail of it. I personally don't like it (takes a bit too much time), so I have configured for a couple of cams that they send out an email (your cam will send out two actually, one with the alarm, another with the "alarm clearance"). Within that email, you can attach a screenshot. As my mail app is much faster than xDMSS, I prefer that.

Hope this helps,
CC
Hmm, I'll have to look at the settings on the app/camera, because when I click on the notification; it directs me to the recording; not a thumbnail/snapshot.
Preferably I would like to have a push notification like the one I posted in my first post, but I guess that's just not possible with Dahua.

Also; DMSS push notifications are pretty much instant here. But maybe that varies per situation.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm, I'll have to look at the settings on the app/camera, because when I click on the notification; it directs me to the recording; not a thumbnail/snapshot.
Preferably I would like to have a push notification like the one I posted in my first post, but I guess that's just not possible with Dahua.

Also; DMSS push notifications are pretty much instant here. But maybe that varies per situation.
That's true, push notifications are instant, however if you click on them, it takes sometimes a while before the thumbnail opens. If I remember correctlty, you can indeed setup to: "play recording / show thumbnail / play snapshots" option when clicking on the push notification. But I can be mistaken :cool:

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's true, push notifications are instant, however if you click on them, it takes sometimes a while before the thumbnail opens. If I remember correctlty, you can indeed setup to: "play recording / show thumbnail / play snapshots" option when clicking on the push notification. But I can be mistaken :cool:
Hmm, maybe I'm not looking correctly; but in the new DMSS I can't find a way to show the snapshot.
In the old app (gDMSS Plus) I can indeed select "Live Mode", "Video" or "snaphot".

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this still the case with the current DMSS IOS app. I am in the same boat as the OP wanting to somehow send a snapshot with the alert but can’t see any option in the app. :(