Push Notifications on Movement detection only

bamus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey people!

My setup consists of several DS-2CD2532F-IWS and a QNAP nas. Initially I used to QNAP Surveillance station but I found that lacking notification and detection controls. Ideally my cams would record all movement in their view but only send notifications of specific zones during specific times. This cannot be done with QNAP Surveillance it seems.

So I switched to the more refined setup the camera's themselves have and used the NAS as storage only. I tried to use Motion Detection to record all movements all the time, and Line Crossing Detection during specific time intervals when I'd like to receive a notification on the mobile app. Unfortunately it seems only Motion Detection successfully sends push notifications to the mobile app.

From what I gather online it seems this is a known bug without a solution, or does someone know how to get push notifications working for all detection types?

((I used a workaround to get things working: I Activated Intrusion Detection on the whole view to record all movements and Motion Detection on a smaller part to send me notifications during specific times.))

Cheers,
Johan