Push notifications only works on wifi

Gigz

n3wb
Reaction score
I lost the push notifications altogether so i deleted the app and reinstalled it. My push notifications came back but i can only watch the alerts on wifi. If i turn wifi off (iphone13) the timer spins to about 78% then i get the connection failed message. If i go to playback at the time the alert says, i can watch it ‍♂ but not the 10 second alert clip. Any help appreciated and thanks for looking.

Gigz

n3wb
Reaction score
Dvr and P2P. Connected to router via tp link. Was working fine until I changed internet provider. Been trying to suss it all week then seen a thread on here saying delete the app and reinstall. This has sorted it apart from it not working on 5G phone data (full signal). Thanks and apologies if I’m being a bit vague but haven’t any experience of the system, only been in about 6 months but no issues until recently.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm guessing a bit!
I suspect your network settings on the new router and configurations do not match the DVR. Is the P2P still active and online via network settings on the DVR?

Gigz

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah network is online and everything else is working (recording/playback etc.) I can watch the alerts using wifi just not if I’m out and about (which I could before). Thanks.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can I ask when the remote access was not available please.
Another thread from a trustworthy forum contributer has suggested the P2P servers/services has a possible issue.

Gigz

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, not sure what you mean by remote server, complete newbie :thumbdown: