Push Notifications stopped working

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone else having issues with push notifications? The last notification that I got was on 8/4/2019 at 21:23:05. Since then no notifications on Apple or Android phone.

DHI-NVR5416-4KS2 Software version 4.000.0000000.0 7-13-2019.

Checked everything Mobile Push is checked on Camera and NVR. NVR is recording the Tripwire events in the playback timeline for each camera. Tried Unsubscribing on the phone and then resubscribing same issue.

Not sure what else to try.

shelestoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone else having issues with push notifications? The last notification that I got was on 8/4/2019 at 21:23:05. Since then no notifications on Apple or Android phone.

DHI-NVR5416-4KS2 Software version 4.000.0000000.0 7-13-2019.

Checked everything Mobile Push is checked on Camera and NVR. NVR is recording the Tripwire events in the playback timeline for each camera. Tried Unsubscribing on the phone and then resubscribing same issue.

Not sure what else to try.
This firmware is buggy. Lets downgrade to february version and make a factory default. Dahua has deleted this firmware. Wait patiently for new version. Also hope you use dmss plus, not lite.

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes using Plus. Push notifications started working again this morning on 4.0 and I just downgraded to the previous firmware and all is working good.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This firmware is not working for me either. It causes clicking noise in my NVR5432.

However, this firmware does have new and improved features that are nice and supports 2-way talk thru the NVR.

Fortunately, I am able to downgrade the firmware back to 3.216 but I really wish that they could fix it. Because I need the new functionality for my AI cam.

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 4.0 had more issues. When I did get notifications and would try to do Playback it never worked. Since I downgraded that is working again as well as notifications. Your review on the 2-way talk camera makes me want to get one but going to wait until the new firmware is released and reliable.

I did not have the clicking noises thank goodness and hope Dahua figures that out for you.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Push completely stopped working. That feature should be solid now by version "4".

The 4.0 does have a few advantages such as no longer requiring the Chrome plugin and crap. The interface is also significantly faster.

I sure hope Dahua is putting some engineers on it. This stuff makes me want to go with BI... but I'm still a fan of using low-power embedded linux NVRs than a full blown Windoze machine. I think its time that Dahua allows some open source fw to run on their NVRs. They could sell a ton more NVRs.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Davahad

How old is your NVR5416 ? My NVR5432 is built in Jun 2019. I'm shocked that you did not have the relay click problem because I thought it was a firmware problem. We both have the same number of relays with the 54xx series. The only difference is just I can support up to 32 channel.

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@MakeItRain

I got mine Jan 2019 from Andy and it did not have the clicking noise like yours has on 4.0. Guessing the motherboards are slightly different and maybe that is the difference in the cllcking? Or maybe it is just a hardware issue that effects a small # of motherboards on 4.0 and you got unlucky? Hopefully Dahua can test internally, recreate the issue and fix.

shelestoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Davahad

How old is your NVR5416 ? My NVR5432 is built in Jun 2019. I'm shocked that you did not have the relay click problem because I thought it was a firmware problem. We both have the same number of relays with the 54xx series. The only difference is just I can support up to 32 channel.
Dont be in shock!!! Lets downgrade and wait patiently. Other “bla-bla” about, its only flood.