Pushover alerts not working from BI test but do work from command line

Reaction score
I've been searching for a solution to the delayed notifications when using Gmail for sending alerts when I stumbled on a post and a reply from wittaj about setting up pushover using this thread. I have created a pushover account and setup the alert for one camera to test and have populated the parameters using information from my pushover account and Alerts directory from BI.

When I execute the parameter with curl from the command line with a specific jpg file, I do receive the alert with the image in the app on my mobile device, but do not receive any alert when I test the action set with the same parameter using &ALERT_PATH. Any idea what could be the problem?

These are the parameters I'm using:

-s --form-string "token=REDACTED" --form-string "user=REDACTED" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='&WAN/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='&WAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=pixel6" --form-string "sound=YOUR_PUSHOVER_SOUND_HERE" -F "attachment=@D:\Alerts\&ALERT_PATH"

System info (if it matters):

BI version: 5.6.0.3 x64
i3-12100, 16 GB RAM, Win10 x64
SSD disk1 (C): OS, db
SSD disk2 (D): AI input, New, Alerts
Storage: WD Purple 4TB
AI: CodeProjectAI (aka SenseAI) 1.5.6-Beta+0002
GPU: GT 1030, will replace with GTX 970 shortly

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can you confirm that you are not running the Blue Iris service using a LocalSystem account?

1661355073945.jpeg

For more info on this, see the Administration chapter in the help pdf.

Reaction score
I found the "problem". Pushover alerts are working as designed with an actual trigger event such as a person in the camera's field of view, but testing the action from within BI does not result in the expected outcome of generating a Pushover alert

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you are already running the Blue Service service using a use account, then try these ‘tricks’
1. Make sure the macros are resolving when requested from the service <link>, and/or
2. Capture the actual pushover API command in a *.txt file for inspection <link>.

Just FYI, I‘ve added a new ‘Debugging’ section to the original post.

Last edited: