Pushover Delayed Notifications

Reaction score
For those that use Pushover, how quickly do you receive notifications on your mobile device? Usually, I receive a notification image in 5 - 10 seconds but sometimes it takes much longer. In Blue Iris Status, my average make time is 250ms - 300ms, and when manually testing notifications from the Pushover website, notifications come through almost instantly.

What can I do to make notifications come through faster?

Cape Fear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same question. I switched from email-to-MMS over to Pushover about a month ago, and my PO notifications can be anywhere from immediate to 30 minutes later. All while at home on good solid internet. And usually it delivers the image, but sometimes I just get a placeholder with no image.

@jaydeel should we move this to your master thread? Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We get this question from time to time.

There are so many factors - computer processor, router, internet speed, etc.

Most are between 2 and 10 seconds after triggered.

And we have all experienced that occasional no image. Mine are usually when my phone is switching from mobile to home wifi or vice versa.

Cape Fear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another thing I have noticed is that even when the notifications are delayed, the time stamp on that notification will match the time stamp on the image. Example - I receive a PO notification at 12:15 PM, but the time stamp on the notification and the time stamp in the image are both marked for 11:58 AM of the same day.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another thing I have noticed is that even when the notifications are delayed, the time stamp on that notification will match the time stamp on the image. Example - I receive a PO notification at 12:15 PM, but the time stamp on the notification and the time stamp in the image are both marked for 11:58 AM of the same day.
How taxed is your system? If there is a lot of CPAI or other things going on, the push could simply be in the queue for actions BI goes thru and contributes to the delay.

Cape Fear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How taxed is your system? If there is a lot of CPAI or other things going on, the push could simply be in the queue for actions BI goes thru and contributes to the delay.
Thanks for the suggestion about the BI queue delay. Is there any way to check that in logs or anything?

The only AI I'm running is in the cams (All Dahua), nothing on the BI computer at all. System resources are consistently less than 10% CPU usage (usually 5-8%) and around 4MB of the 8MB available RAM.

Reaction score
Thanks to those who have replied. My system isn't taxed much at all, it is an i7 8th Gen only running 6 cameras. Typically low CPU and GPU usage and plenty of RAM. My network is clean and try testing with low traffic and got the same result, I run Ubiquiti equipment.

Is there a way to test the connection between the BI machine and the Pushover server?

Cape Fear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One more detail - sometimes when the image is initially missing, I can wait +/-30 seconds in the PO notification "list" and the image will load to the notification. Sometimes it never loads the image.