Pushover question

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it possible to have all cameras be scheduled to send a pushover alert at a specific time of the day for all cameras in blue iris.. say a pushover at noon for all of cameras in bi?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
One way…
  1. Select a camera
  2. Trigger the camera using the events schedule (Camera settings > Schedule tab > Events schedule)
  3. Repeat #1-2 for each camera

Another way (my preference)…
  1. Select a camera
  2. Assign a pushover ‘On call’ action to an unused preset (Camera settings > PTZ/Control tab > Edit presets)
  3. Execute the preset using the events schedule (Camera settings > Schedule tab > Events schedule)
  4. Repeat #1-3 for each camera

tip: suggest using same preset # for each camera (up to 256)

Last edited:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
One way…
  1. Select a camera
  2. Trigger the camera using the events schedule (Camera settings > Schedule tab > Events schedule)
  3. Repeat #1-2 for each camera

Another way (my preference)…
  1. Select a camera
  2. Assign a pushover ‘On call’ action to an unused preset (Camera settings > PTZ/Control tab > Edit presets)
  3. Execute the preset using the events schedule (Camera settings > Schedule tab > Events schedule)
  4. Repeat #1-3 for each camera

tip: suggest using same preset # for each camera (up to 256)
I did the first way and a trigger doesn't send a pushover. I guess because it's not a confirmed alert?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I did the first way and a trigger doesn't send a pushover. I guess because it's not a confirmed alert?
Most likely. Or maybe the camera was already in a triggered state…. This is why I prefer using presets - they’re less subject to interference and confirmation issues.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Most likely. Or maybe the camera was already in a triggered state…. This is why I prefer using presets - they’re less subject to interference and confirmation issues.
Gonna try

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You may find that the &ALERT_PATH macro references an older picture.
If so, you may need to send a trigger ‘Do command’ action first in the preset ‘On call’ action. (Success may still be subject to alert confirmation).

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
If so, you may need to send a trigger ‘Do command’ action first in the preset ‘On call’ action. (Success may still be subject to alert confirmation).
Wow you da man!! Worked

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This gives me an idea… I may create a new Powershell script to send a Pushover notification using an on-demand snapshot JPG instead of an alert JPG. Unlike alert JPGs which show only 1 camera image, snapshots can be taken for groups, so a single Pushover notification could show all cameras in a group… In theory, anyway.

EDIT (10/10/2023): Correction. HTTP interface comman /admin?camera=x&snapshot works only on cameras, not groups. I'll be using command /image/{cam-short-name} which can be used to grab both Blue Iris camera AND GROUP images.

Last edited:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
This gives me an idea… I may create a new Powershell script to send a Pushover notification using an on-demand snapshot JPG instead of an alert JPG. Unlike alert JPGs which show only 1 camera image, snapshots can be taken for groups, so a single Pushover notification could show all cameras in a group… In theory, anyway.
Awesome.. yea if someone wanted a snapshot of their property at a certain time of the day this works great

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Keep us updated on the script :) I think some of us (me included) would be interested...

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

EDIT (10/10/2023): Correction. HTTP interface comman /admin?camera=x&snapshot works only on cameras, not groups. I'll be using command /image/{cam-short-name} which can be used to grab both Blue Iris camera AND GROUP images.
After more testing I'm getting a pushover pic but it's not a pic of the exact time I set in the schedule .. it's an older picture from earlier in the day . I set the schedule for 9:55pm and I got a pic from 9:50pm. .. any idea why?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I just saw this.. ill have to figure this out

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
What should I put for the command string?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What should I put for the command string?
I’d try this first.
/admin?camera=x&trigger&memo=text
For ‘text’ you use something like ‘scheduled%20pushover’ (%20 = space character). This would highlight these triggers in the clips list.