QNAP NAS and QVR Pro

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would recommend you do. I have found them very helpful and quick to respond.

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
An outcome of a support call to QNAP that may be relevant as like you I wanted to clarify why QVRPro was overwriting changes I was making to my camera settings. I had noticed that after setting it VBR (to reduce disk space), it has changed back to CBR.
Once you have finished a camera configuration in QVR Pro, QVR Pro will write the stream settings as you configured in QVR Pro into the camera GUI for recording.
If you have changed the stream settings in the camera GUI manually, then the camera in QVR Pro could be disconnected, or QVR Pro will overwrite the settings as configured into camera GUI again.

In your case, QVR Pro only supports CBR for these two Amcrest cameras. (see https://www.qnap.com/en/compatibility-q ... nd=Amcrest , and Bitrate Type)
QVR Pro might follow the manual settings as in the camera GUI for recording for some minutes , but will overwrite it back to CBR again automatically.
However I have noticed that after setting the camera setting to VBR four days ago, QVRPro hasn't changed it back. This would concur with your comment this was due to a "transient loss of video or camera disconnection event" or perhaps it only puts it back to CBR if the camera settings are changed in QVRPro?
I have added a feature request for QVRPro to allow a change to VBR for Amcrest cameras.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have added a feature request for QVRPro to allow a change to VBR for Amcrest cameras.
That might be a fairly fundamental change request if the lack of support for VBR is due to the capabilities of the core video stream decoding in QVR Pro as opposed to just another stored configuration setting to apply to a camera configuration.