Question about cloud storage support

raz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I am new with Hikvision camera. Planning to start with a basic model DS-2CD1043G0-I or DS-2CD1047G0-L
As far that I understand this model does not have SD card slot.

Does this model support uploading videos to cloud like Google Drive/Onedrive?
I have seen some info about cloud support on some other 'better' models but not this one.

Anyone can confirm if these has cloud support? Or all IP cam has cloud?

Last edited:

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
It doesn't look like those models have any "built in" cloud support. That being said, I would be very hesitant to use cloud storage anyway. First, it isn't local which means if your internet connection is down, you aren't recording anything. Second, cloud storage isn't usually cheap. This means either you are going to have a tiny amount of free storage available (which means very limited retention times), or you are going to have to pay for the storage which can add up quickly. It will be more reliable and cheaper in the long run to record your footage locally.

Many of use on this forum use Blue Iris as our software recording solution. You can buy a used computer for less than $200 which will work fine for this purpose. Generally we suggest a "small form factor" business machine with an 8th gen intel chip (like an i5 8th gen) or newer. Something like a Dell OptiPlex 5060 works great.

raz

n3wb
Reaction score
Aw too bad.
I agree with your point, but for my use case I think it does not warrant further investment on dvr or dedicated recording machine.
I'm using it just to monitor my mailbox whenever I'm not home, for up to 3 days - mostly just to see the exact time and day a parcel arrived. Paracel theft is unheard of where I live so guaranteed uptime is not very critical . Space is also not an issue since I have a 4TB Google Workspace drive barely used.

I think my only option here is to opt for the more expensive and supposedly unnecessary mic (UF) variant which is somehow come with an SD card slot.