Question about Dahua Cams with Micro SD card functionality

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having never utilized the SD card function, I have a couple of questions:

1) what is its purpose exactly since will Blue Iris you always can see what is going on.

2) If internet is lost will it still save pictures to the card?

Thanks !

Jeff

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The purpose is redundancy. Someone takes your NVR and you have another means of recorded video/snapshots or what have you.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are using a Dahua NVR, and recording to the SD card as well. If the network goes down, it will continue to record to the SD card, then when the network comes back online, the NVR will download the missing video from the SD.

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2) If internet is lost will it still save pictures to the card?
The internet does not have anything to do with the system, other than remote access IF you set it up. An sd card capable camera allows for redundancy recording to the NVR and the camera as a “local” file. As noted, if something happens like theft or hardware failure (more likely) to a router, switch or NVR hard drive, the camera will save recordings even if part of your network is not working.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you are using a Dahua NVR, and recording to the SD card as well. If the network goes down, it will continue to record to the SD card, then when the network comes back online, the NVR will download the missing video from the SD.
I forget because I do not use this feature but don't you have to manually enable a setting for the SD to work in this manner?

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
then when the network comes back online, the NVR will download the missing video from the SD.
anyone know how to turn it on?

and what sdcards dahua is working with (producer/model/size)?

and finally the C-A cams have the sdcard slots?

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
and what sdcards dahua is working with (producer/model/size)?
I have Samsung EVO Select 128GB. Works fine. All reputable manufacturers will work. Stay away from no-name/knock-off brands.

kokodakis

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for reviving this old thread.

Does anyone know ticking the ANR checkbox in settings will format the SD card as well or do I have to do this manually, before inserting into camera? How do I check if recording to SD Card works? ( without actually taking the SD card out).

Thanks.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Kokodakis, I think letting the camera format the card would be preferable since that would eliminate any compatibility issues. On gdmss, you can review recordings by going to home then video and tagging your camera. There is also an hdd tab under configuration that will show how much space is used. On the web interface for the camera, storage then sd card tab will show usage. Remember that you have to tell something to write to the card for it to show up.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't know the forums stance on necrotic threads. This is where google lead me.
I have a Dahua cam, a microSD card inside and a Dahua NVR. I am just starting out. I know how to use the cam's web interface to get the card to record. I also learned how to use the PC app the manage card recordings. Now I have that NCR. I don't find any menu in the NCR to access the card or change its settings. Is this a design feature or did I just miss it in all the features. I guess I could bypass the NVR and login to the web interface or use the SPSS.
But if the NVR can patch its files from the card, why can't he show them directly?