Question about firmware compatibility

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have been looking into upgrading firmware on my DaHua cameras. For the time being, I only have three. I have two HFW1320SP cameras, and one HFW2320R-ZS.

When I was looking for the firmware for the 1320s a couple of days ago, there was two that came close. They mentioned HFW1320S, but not my HFW1320SP. According to the magic decoder ring that @nayr posted, the "P" indicates PAL video format which is odd for a US targeted camera. The names of the files began with either "[PAL]", or "[NTSC]", so I took a chance and upgraded with the NTSC version. It looks like all went well, but if it hadn't . . . not much of a loss.

Now I am looking into my HFW2320R-ZS camera, and as with the 1320 cameras there is only one that comes close. It shows as being compatible with HFW2300R-Z, but I found none that specifically mention HFW2320R-ZS. According to the magic decoder ring, the "2" in my camera indicates a different generation, and the "S" indicates it has an SD card slot. Are these two differences significant enough for me to pass on them? If I had a way to recover the current firmware I would just go for it, but since I don't know of any way to go back I thought it better to ask the experts.

Thanks,

Wayne

Reaction score
The firmware at the location below MAY work for you. Standard disclaimer applies: If it breaks, you're stuck with it. Generally, we don't advise upgrading firmware unless there's an overwhelming need to acquire some particular fix. The release notes for this firmware state:

1. Fix the bug that NVR cannot get alarm configuration from IPC.
2. Fix NTP synchronization inaccurate problem.
3. Support Onvif 2.4.1.
4. Close telnet port.

ftp://ftp.asm.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/04IPC/IPC-HX2(1)XXX-Adreia/Dahua/20151106/

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The link you sent looks like the same one that is on the Dahua site, which is interesting. The Dahua site has

"DH_IPC-HX2(1)XXX-Adreia_Eng_N_V2.420.0009.0.R.20151106". Is the build date June 11, 2015, or is it Nov 6, 2015?

Thanks,

Wayne