Question about HikVision DS-7608NI-K2

ReXX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there

I have a wishlist and maybe you guys can help me check it off :)
I have 2 HikVision cams, a DS-2CD2335FWD-I and a DS-2CD2355FWD-I.
Plan is to get 2 more DS-2CD2335FWD-I.

Right now I use Synology Surveillance Station, but that does not support the smart events in the cams.
So I'm thinking about buying a DS-7608NI-K2 NVR, and fit it with 2x2TB drives.

But can it do the following?:
1. Record continuous and still record smart events (line crossing, intrusion detection) and show it with different colors in the playback view ?
2. Have a read only remote web access for displaying the streams in a 2x2 view ? (login from work, by me and wife)
3. Add 3rd party cams. I have 2 Dlink 935L I would like to add. Stream only, no record.
4. Record the smart events to a stand alone mp4 file ? (Right now my cams are recording smart events to a 256mb mp4 file, in a specific "datadir" folder structure.)
5. Can I access the harddrive files by SMB shares ?
6. if possible I would like to upload triggered events video to cloud

Probably forgot something ;)

Best regards
ReXX

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can’t answer all

1. Yes. My 9632 only displays the “ticks” when I access the NVR directly. The web GUI does not display.
2. Yes. You can login into the NVR remotely using VPN, use a table/iPhone and IVMS-4500, or stream from the NVR.
3. If the cameras support ONVIF. However, you will not get all of the camera features.
4. If you are recording to the NVR, I’m not sure how you can get the Smart events to record elsewhere. Maybe someone else can help here.
5. Only the NVR can access the HDD.
6. You can pull back the triggered events manually, but I know of no automatic way. Again maybe someone else can help.

BTW, buy a single 4TB drive instead of 2 2TB drives. Same cost per TB, But it leaves room to add additional storage. Best to use WD purple drives rather than an ordinary drive.

ReXX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can’t answer all

1. Yes. My 9632 only displays the “ticks” when I access the NVR directly. The web GUI does not display.

BTW, buy a single 4TB drive instead of 2 2TB drives. Same cost per TB, But it leaves room to add additional storage. Best to use WD purple drives rather than an ordinary drive.
I have no plans of connecting a monitor to the NVR, so all have to be available in the web gui, so it's a bit sad it does not display the "ticks" when accessing by browser.
I already have the 2 disk laying around, so would start using them. Can upgrade later if needed :)