Question about Intel core count versus Amd

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amd 8350 has 8 cores or does it? Is it really 4 cores with 4 thread that gives you 8 cores?
Intel i7 has 6 Core/12 Thread.

So, which one would push the most cams?

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AMD's don't do hyperthreading - only Intel does that, i.e. they are real cores.

Without getting into a battle of AMD vs. Intel, Intel is really your only choice for 24/7 camera recording - the lower power usage of the Intel is far superior. As for if they are more powerful because they use real cores instead of hyperthreaded ones the short answer is no.:cool:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Amd 8350 has 8 cores or does it? Is it really 4 cores with 4 thread that gives you 8 cores?
Intel i7 has 6 Core/12 Thread.

So, which one would push the most cams?
Dont even consider amd for a 24/7 NVR unless you get electricity for free...

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm running one of my 3 amd computers for a bvr:(. Holy crap my electric bill went through the roof! So i'm going intel! Unreal how much juice a amd build uses!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm running one of my 3 amd computers for a bvr:(. Holy crap my electric bill went through the roof! So i'm going intel! Unreal how much juice a amd build uses!
Buy a killawatt meter so you can get an idea of what its costing you..often times the savings alone can pay for a new system...also do not buy a system with discrete graphics...use intel integrated graphics it is way more powerful then you will ever need..

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Must think we all make what they do a year:laugh: