Question about operation

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Say I have 6 cameras. I click a PTZ and it goes full screen and will not show the PTZ controls. Is this a setting I have. I know I can PTZ when all 6 are showing and it is small but prefer to make screen bigger and still have PTZ controls on bottom.

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could create a group, say "PTZ1", assign your cam to that group and when you select that group in the console it will display only that cam and the PTZ controls will be displayed, along with clip viewer, timeline, etc. if those are enabled.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Say I have 6 cameras. I click a PTZ and it goes full screen and will not show the PTZ controls. Is this a setting I have. I know I can PTZ when all 6 are showing and it is small but prefer to make screen bigger and still have PTZ controls on bottom.

Thanks
Right mouse click on the full screen and uncheck”Maximise frame”

Is there a tiny glitch in BI software here - when switching between the default console screen for all cameras and a single camera, Maximise frame always flips to the opposite setting.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could create a group, say "PTZ1", assign your cam to that group and when you select that group in the console it will display only that cam and the PTZ controls will be displayed, along with clip viewer, timeline, etc. if those are enabled.
Yes that is what I am doing now. It would just be good to have PTZ controls when you click on the camera when others are present. It makes it a bit easier. Now I will simply view all cams - drop down and click on the PTZ model in list.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Right mouse click on the full screen and uncheck”Maximise frame”

Is there a tiny glitch in BI software here - when switching between the default console screen for all cameras and a single camera, Maximise frame always flips to the opposite setting.
That was it. I guess it is a glitch - hopefully Ken can fix it. Thanks for sharing

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can also use the mouse on the cams picture and "point" to where you want the PTZ to go. Red arrows should appear. And +/- when the mouse pointer is near the center of the pic.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can also use the mouse on the cams picture and "point" to where you want the PTZ to go. Red arrows should appear. And +/- when the mouse pointer is near the center of the pic.
Yes. This is true blue arrows show for me with +/- magnifying glass. It is a good feature. I feel the controls are a bit easier and quicker in certain situations.

I know tinycam has it where you can see the PTZ right on the screen which would be nice to have in ui3 or BI as an option.