Question about setting up alerts

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I haven't worked with alerts for over 3 years now. I had used them in the past, but it got kind of overwhelming with all the alerts I would get. I am planning on getting them back on, but I am not truly confident doing it again. Where is a good tutorial, or some good literature to look at before I set it up again? Thanks so much.
What do many of you use for getting notifications of vehicles etc.. I'm sure some of you geniuses are pretty creative.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't worked with alerts for over 3 years now. I had used them in the past, but it got kind of overwhelming with all the alerts I would get. I am planning on getting them back on, but I am not truly confident doing it again. Where is a good tutorial, or some good literature to look at before I set it up again? Thanks so much.
What do many of you use for getting notifications of vehicles etc.. I'm sure some of you geniuses are pretty creative.
What cameras are you using?
Do they happen to have built-in AI in them?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The ones I'm putting in now are 5 IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 and 1 PTZ5A4K-25X from Andy.

And I should probably rephrase my previous statement.
I have alerts set up on BI, but I should have said I haven't set up notifications for a text or an email. Alerts are important, I just cut out the texts and emails.

Does that make more sense? Thanks.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, I think I figured out how to get the notifications set up, but I'm still lost on one thing. How do I get my new phone to be picked up on Mobile devices for notifications? I did it before, but have just forgotten. I'll keep looking and see if I can figure it out.
Man, am I showing my age. It sucks for sure.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And my memory came back. Yeah. I found out what was going on. BI wasn't picking up my phone for some reason. I deleted all mobile devices and started over. It picked up my phone and I'm able to get notifications again. I just need to do a better job of setting up hot spots, because it's not giving me alerts for how I have it. I may figure that out too. Who knows.
So, if I'm using Code Project AI, do I even need my hotspots set up or do I want them set up so it is only looking in that certain hotspot for anything? I watched a video and he didn't use hotspots.

Last edited: