Question about the DH-IPC-HDW1631EM

ozGremlin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

When I purchased my current house, it came with an existing installation of Dahua equipment, that one of the previous owner's had installed.
I managed to reset all the passwords, and updated the firmware on the Doorbell (VTH and VTO) along with the NVR.
However, while I did manage to reset the passwords on the cameras, I cannot loctae the correct firmware.

The camera's in question have Dahua branding on both the device and the web interface, and report the following version info:
Device Type: IPC-HDW1631EM
System Version: V2.800.12SD000.0.R, Build Date: 2019-04-24
WEB Version: V3.2.1.709882

I've been able to locate a number firmware files that have naming beginning with "DH_IPC-HX1XXX-" which seems applicable.
But I don't understand if my camera's are Molec, Hertz, or Eos.
So far, trial and error has got me no-where, and I'm worried about bricking the camera this way.

Can anyone help me out to identify the right FW for this camera?
I'm in Australia if that makes any difference. I suspect the cameras are locally sourced based on the company that did the installation (Although they no longer exist)

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Last edited:

ozGremlin

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I'm now of the opinion that the IPC-HDW1631EM was one of the models of camera that was only released in the Australian market. It doesn't seem to exist anywhere else.
Dahua Australia is far LESS organised than the parent organisation, and there is no visible support for this camera.

I would still like to understand how the code names (Molec, Hertz, or Eos) actually map to the camera series, etc. - if anyone can share anything.

If not, does anyone have any HDW1631EM's installed?

Reaction score
OK, I'm now of the opinion that the IPC-HDW1631EM was one of the models of camera that was only released in the Australian market. It doesn't seem to exist anywhere else.
Dahua Australia is far LESS organised than the parent organisation, and there is no visible support for this camera.

I would still like to understand how the code names (Molec, Hertz, or Eos) actually map to the camera series, etc. - if anyone can share anything.

If not, does anyone have any HDW1631EM's installed?
The code names typically describe different/particular generations/configurations of the same camera with slightly different hardware.