Question for the installers out there.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you use more DVR boxes or more COTS solutions like Blue Iris in your installs? What is your most common hardware/software/camera configuration?

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Depending on budgets on the customer, I typically install analog systems. Speco's were pretty popular. Done a few Everfocus DVR's with their low light cam's. Everfocus stuff is nice. For the Low budget customers, the Qsee systems fit the bill for the cheap people. lol.

I have 6 blue iris installs out there, plus me and my parents house. So working on 8 total installs. The prices of the Hik's are great and make IP solution's affordable. Trying to quote AXIS or Everfocus IP solutions get very costly.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Depending on budgets on the customer, I typically install analog systems. Speco's were pretty popular. Done a few Everfocus DVR's with their low light cam's. Everfocus stuff is nice. For the Low budget customers, the Qsee systems fit the bill for the cheap people. lol.

I have 6 blue iris installs out there, plus me and my parents house. So working on 8 total installs. The prices of the Hik's are great and make IP solution's affordable. Trying to quote AXIS or Everfocus IP solutions get very costly.
Interesting, so I guess IP cameras are still a little rarer than I thought, at least for home people. I guess if the customer SEES what an analog camera looks like and is okay with it fine. I suspect in most cases they are not very happy with how it looks but are too cheap to pay for anything better so they live with it.