Question on changing a Motorized lens between 2 4mp cameras

Revo2Maxx

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have a good many cameras. Back some time ago I bought a few cameras for a property in Az, I have since sold and removed all my devices from the property and wanted to get some feedback on an idea I have.

So one camera is a 1/3 Cmos 4mp with an F1.4, 2.7-13.5mm
Second camera is a 1/1.8 Cmos 4mp with an F1.8, 2.7-12mm

And while the camera with the 1/1.8 Cmos would have better light by the standard of sensor size that is slightly reduced by the F1.8 compared to the F1.4 for the other with a slightly larger Cmos sensor. So I was toying with the idea of swapping out the lenses if they were setup the same on the camera boards. They are both in the same housing and my guess is that they would be built the same inside. The larger sensor camera is what I consider a Dumb AI camera with Tripwire and Intrusion however don't have the ability to filter human and vehicle. The second one built 7 months later does have the filters and SMD.

This could be done even if I had to rewire the zoom to match if they didn't seeing again both same brand cameras I am just wondering if maybe a limit I wouldn't be able to control is difference in the Iris control. My guess is they would be the same however with one having different size F factor maybe built into the software is limit to the camera it was built for?

I mean I have Box cameras from years past where you take C or CS lens and make changes to meet your needs. Sometimes would need to change type of wiring for Iris control for camera depending on type of camera the lens was built for. So for me this would kind of be the same idea just little harder to accomplish the swap.

So just wondering if anyone has done this, If it was worth it? I have plenty of repair time in many different CCTV cameras so this swap wouldn't be to hard. Would the 1/1.8 benefit the use of F1.4 lens over the 1.8?

Thanks for your Insight.
James.