Question on Dahua TIOC Series 3.0, Turret, 8MP sensor light issue

Sudsy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Was hoping for some assistance with the sensor light on these new cameras we installed.
We have 6 Dahua Series 3.0, Turret, 8MP cameras installed.
They were all set up on the NVR the same way and all have the IVS set up identically as well as smart motion detection.
For 2 of the cameras, the sensor light doesn't not come on at night with movement.
For these 2 cameras, motion is detected and recorded, but I don't notice the red detection on the camera and no matter how close I get to the camera at night, the senor light does not activate
I've gone through multiple installation videos to try and troubleshoot but haven't any luck
Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can rectify this
Thanks in advance

DanSan

n3wb
Reaction score
By sensor light, are you talking about the White Light, Infrared Light, or are you talking about the deterrent lights?

I would say it may be worth a look at the Camera Image Config page in the camera's web interface. What is the "Working Mode" set to? Self Adaptive?

What about "AI SSA?" Is this feature turned on? And the "Smart Illuminator?"

Sudsy

n3wb
Reaction score
Talking about the deterrent light.
Only set up the cameras system on the NVR page.
Is there another site I should be looking at to configure?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should be setting everything camera related in the camera GUI not the NVR. Only thing that should be set up in the NVR is the recording and alerts - everything else set up in the camera itself.

Sudsy

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. The security camera shop we bought the cameras from only provided us with links to set up via the NVR.
Can you please advise which site we need to go to to configure the deterrent light on the 2 cameras where they aren’t working. Instructions on how to do this would also be useful please

DanSan

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. The security camera shop we bought the cameras from only provided us with links to set up via the NVR.
Can you please advise which site we need to go to to configure the deterrent light on the 2 cameras where they aren’t working. Instructions on how to do this would also be useful please
Download the IP Config Tool, do a search for the cameras.

With IP cameras, what you're dealing with is essentially a computer that's duty is to display images. Imagine a PC, a tiny PC, that only has a webcam attached. And sure, whatever else the camera can do.

Alternatively, look in the NVR's camera page. Does it show you the IP addresses for the cameras? It should. It's a series of four numbers, i.e. 192.168.10.100. Whatever numbers you see in the list, type those into a web browser. If your PC is on a different network than the cameras, your workload may have just increased: this is your oportunity to learn more about IP networking in addition to cameras.

Just take it one step at a time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^no to above. The IPcongif tool is not needed or recommended. Plus the NVR acts as a router or dual NIC and would prevent accessing the cameras directly on a PC on the LAN.

You need to make the changes in the camera GUI, not the NVR GUI. It will pull what the camera has. Make sure you are using Internet Explorer (yea we know) and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab. Or Pale Moon. Anything else and it can be a crapshoot.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1696106539794.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And I hope for you the 3849 S3 series is an improvement because the 3849 has been shown to be a problematic camera

DanSan

n3wb
Reaction score
^no to above. The IPcongif tool is not needed or recommended.
That's debatable: we don't know how he has things setup. But, figuring since he's never accessed the web interface, it could be he took the plug and play route.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect he simply plugged them into the POE ports on the NVR and the NVR assigned them a 10.x.x.x subnet.

But even if he didn't, we wouldn't recommend the IP Config tool, especially for getting into the camera GUI. Most here never use that tool and your response added more complexity than is needed...just ask our resident NVR expert @bigredfish

Last edited:

DanSan

n3wb
Reaction score
I suspect he simply plugged them into the POE ports on the NVR and the NVR assigned them a 10.x.x.x subnet.

But even if he didn't, we wouldn't recommend the IP Config tool. Most here never use that tool and your response added more complexity than is needed...
You don't use the tool, you don't recommend it: got it.

Looks like you've got this.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The IPConfigTool would likely have found the NVR at default of 192.168.1.108, not the cams so it's not of any use in this instance.

Sudsy

n3wb
Reaction score
So we just plug and played.
All the cameras work perfectly in the modes we have set up.
All we require is the deterrent camera to work on 2 of the cameras.
So I’m confused, can I configure this on the NVR setup as we successfully did for the other cameras? Unfortunately it just didn’t work for these 2 cameras

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So we just plug and played.
All the cameras work perfectly in the modes we have set up.
All we require is the deterrent camera to work on 2 of the cameras.
So I’m confused, can I configure this on the NVR setup as we successfully did for the other cameras? Unfortunately it just didn’t work for these 2 cameras
Sometimes it works where you set it up thru the NVR, but maybe those two cams were setup differently during the plug-n-play status or it is different firmware or chipset, etc.

So best practice is to set up the cameras within the camera GUI and let the feed back to the NVR.

While in theory it shouldn't matter where the settings take place, way too many instances showing that setting up camera settings in the NVR results in problems. Rarely do we see it is an issue if they are set in the camera GUI.

So set them up in the camera GUI and then reboot the NVR to let the NVR pull the settings from the camera.

Sudsy

n3wb
Reaction score
Sometimes it works where you set it up thru the NVR, but maybe those two cams were setup differently during the plug-n-play status or it is different firmware or chipset, etc.

So best practice is to set up the cameras within the camera GUI and let the feed back to the NVR.

While in theory it shouldn't matter where the settings take place, way too many instances showing that setting up camera settings in the NVR results in problems. Rarely do we see it is an issue if they are set in the camera GUI.

So set them up in the camera GUI and then reboot the NVR to let the NVR pull the settings from the camera.

Sudsy

n3wb
Reaction score
My NVR is connected to Wifi not a desktop.
Can I still configure a camera when it’s not connected to a computer?

Also, being a novice and not very IT savvy at all, are there any easy / simple instructions on what I do to configure the light settings as that is all I need to do?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, follow the steps I said above in Post #7.

Go to a web browser, internet explorer is preferred (yeah we know LOL) and type in the IP address of the NVR. You may need to add :37777 after the IP address.

Then comes up the login screen and put in your username and password and then go to the camera screen above and select the e web browser and get into the camera.

You will find that accessing your NVR this way also shows you way more options than via the HDMI hooked up to a monitor!

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Settings > camera > illuminator:
'Smart illumination' is switching between IR and white light mode (activated by SMD).
'Brightness upper limit' is the maximum brightness of IR and white light.
There does not seem to be a control for ambient light level before switching into IR light at night. This needs to have an option to be changed in software.

This is an S4 TiOC (newer web interface):
1696164601163.png