Question on Hikvision 24VAC on DS-2DE4582-AE

Nitin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello

I have a few DS-2DE4582-AE, which have 24VAC pinouts. The wires are colored as Black, Red and Yellow. The sticker is marked 24VAC saying Yellow is ground, Red is 24V ~ (+) and Black is 24V~ (-).

I suspect that this power supply might be dual, ie, I maybe able to connect +12VDC to Red and Black.

Do any of you have 24VAC cameras which are dual (ie, 12VDC and 24VAC).
The documentation as usual is bad from Hikvision.

The reason of asking this is that I have areas pre wired for 12VDC and it will be advantage if it works which way (No I cannot replace the camera with DE version)

Thanks
Nitin

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bad idea sticking 12V DC on an expensive camera that requires an AC input (802.3at devices can involve centre tapped transformers that have a decent enough impedance to ac but are effectively a short circuit to dc, this can generate great warmth and gnashing of teeth )

Options.. keep your 12v DC area and use an inverter at the camera 12v dc to 24v ac with enough watts for the job.

It looks from the internettywebby that the DS-2DE4582-AE is POE+ so that could be an easier option if that info is true.

Nitin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes - I am now running it via POE (no POE+) - Its working and show usage of approx. 12W.

Since I don't have 24VAC/12VDC camera(hikvision makes these) - I was asking if anybody has these and confirm. I am confused because 24VAC wires are 3 in number. It should be 2. Why there are 2 wires labeled 24VAC and one ground?