Question on IP PTZ (POE) Dome Camera

Reaction score
I'm not sure there is a brand name on it. The listing title was simply:

"HD 1080P Mini PTZ Dome IP Camera 3X Zoom 2MP Full HD Network POE PTZ Camera"

Information in the settings area is as follows:

Version:V1.04.10-171122
Product info:IPD-E14T08-BS series

I have two and they both work well for the most part with a great image. One of them boots fine and the PTZ works normally with the focus autoadjusting on zoom.

The second one though is giving me fits. On bootup, it will go through the routine, then get to a pan limit and shudder as if it's trying to pan further but can't. Eventually, it will stop trying and go to a normal position where I can control the PTZ. From there it works OK unless I zoom. It will not auto focus and I have to adjust it using the focus button. I can't find a setting to change this.

Ideas?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is a brand name on it. The listing title was simply:

"HD 1080P Mini PTZ Dome IP Camera 3X Zoom 2MP Full HD Network POE PTZ Camera"

Information in the settings area is as follows:

Version:V1.04.10-171122
Product info:IPD-E14T08-BS series

I have two and they both work well for the most part with a great image. One of them boots fine and the PTZ works normally with the focus autoadjusting on zoom.

The second one though is giving me fits. On bootup, it will go through the routine, then get to a pan limit and shudder as if it's trying to pan further but can't. Eventually, it will stop trying and go to a normal position where I can control the PTZ. From there it works OK unless I zoom. It will not auto focus and I have to adjust it using the focus button. I can't find a setting to change this.

Ideas?
Hi More...

Did you search here for that product?

First hit gave me this result:
Got my Chinese PTZ camera to work!

Reaction score
That thread doesn't tell me anything new. The two I have both work fine for the most part. The only issues I have are as noted, the shuddering on boot up and the auto-focus on zoom. And that's only with one, the other works fine.

They do have different firmware versions though which makes me wonder if there is a newer version somewhere.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That thread doesn't tell me anything new. The two I have both work fine for the most part. The only issues I have are as noted, the shuddering on boot up and the auto-focus on zoom. And that's only with one, the other works fine.

They do have different firmware versions though which makes me wonder if there is a newer version somewhere.
So, have you searched for that product?

In general no-name brands have less of a following here and you're going to have to do more work to find solutions for them, hence my encouragement for you to do some searching and determine more about the brand and provenance of those cameras you are inquiring about. ( note - the above was not an example of an ANSWER for you - but an example of search )