Question on night picture with IPC-HFW4300R-Z 2.8mm ~12mm

Reaction score
I ordered seven IPC-HDW4431C-A and one IPC-HFW4300R-Z 2.8mm ~12mm cameras and am in the middle of install. Wished I would have gotten a mini turrent instead of the 4300 but will probably order one soon. I have a question about the night picture. The 4300 is terrible. Looks as though some IR reflection is causing issues or something. Any ideas? I played with some adjustments with no luck and am back at default. It is hooked to a 4216-4K NVR. I have plenty of other questions also but am working through issues as I go.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered seven IPC-HDW4431C-A and one IPC-HFW4300R-Z 2.8mm ~12mm cameras and am in the middle of install. Wished I would have gotten a mini turrent instead of the 4300 but will probably order one soon. I have a question about the night picture. The 4300 is terrible. Looks as though some IR reflection is causing issues or something. Any ideas? I played with some adjustments with no luck and am back at default. It is hooked to a 4216-4K NVR. I have plenty of other questions also but am working through issues as I go.
post an image of how the camera is mounted.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
and zoomed out view, its probably your soffit and a turret at same location woulda had same issue.

Reaction score
It will probably be dark when I get home but will post one up. Are you thinking IR reflection off the soffit? Soffit is probably 18" deep with camera mount in middle. The end of the lens is definitely still under the soffit.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah its the IR.. it has a much wider FOV than the lens its self and is reflecting off the top and lighting up the glass from the side.. causing a foggy haze.

my 4300S is installed correctly and has a vastly better night image than that... you can verify its reflection by aiming the camera down more, point it at the ground and see what it looks like at night.. If you hold your phone in one hand you'll see the fog vanish once the reflections are out of the way.

Reaction score
Come to think of it, the day I installed it I checked the night picture and it was much better but pointed towards the right which has a large bush against the house. I shifted it to have a better picture during the day and just noticed the terrible night picture this weekend. I'll try to play with it tonight. Thanks

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the IPC-HDW4431C-A, does the image gets washed out by the IR at night if the subject is too close to the camera? Say about 4 feet?