question on recordings

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have my camera set to record on motion only and in Alerts it shows all clips it recorded. They are between 10 and 15 seconds each. When i click on green play button on the clips screen i see very big recordings timewise but not size wise. Can someone please explain to me what it means?

screen shot:
footage.PNG

for example above at 12:39am there is one for 7 hours 8minutes but its only 19mb

Thank you

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The green bar represents the span of time in which the alerts covered. So if your video clip covered the time frame 8am to 4pm, and you had an alert at 8am and another one at 4pm, the green bar would represent 8 hours, but the actual file size would be very small due to just containing 2 alerts (assuming they are short alerts). Using the same example, if you had an alert at 10:00am and another one at 10:30am, the green bar would be short because the span of time would be less.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Rockford622 is right. You are showing us you clip list in the image. This list is what the BI database sees a one file on the machine per line. You must have your clips setup to combine and cut based on what we see. So in your example, BI last recorded motion at 12:39am and you have 7 hours 18 minutes and 53 seconds worth of time that has lapsed in that specific clip (or since the last time the combine and cut has been "run" against the clip list). The 7h18m53s could contain one recording or maybe it contains a dozen recordings, it doesn't tell us that much. But what it does tell us is that all recordings that have been taken since the last cut of the files amounts to 19M on your disk. Make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ah i didn't even notice that. I think i have it enabled. Going to turn it off, don't think i need that enabled