Question regarding setup for highest video recording quality

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I use our cameras to capture the wildlife in our garden and some of our recorded footage gets shared on YouTube. We don't capture sound, only video. I've been reading the help files to try and establish the best set up for video recordings so that I can edit and then share them. Does anyone have any advice to what the best settings would be? I've pretty much left the Record settings as the default at the moment, apart from recording Direct to Disk for video compression.

Also, the help file says "A JPEG Quality setting allows you to control the JPEG compression, expressed as a percentage from 1 to 100. Low quality values equate to small files, but very noisy images."

The default is set at 50% - does this reduce the quality of the videos I'm exporting at all and should I increase it?

Thanks in advance!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
JPEG compression is used on snapshots you take; video uses another compression.. other than uping your video bitrate to maximum most of the quality comes from the camera and its photon gathering capabilities; there is only so much tweaking of settings that can be accomplished.