Question: Trying to connect multiple Cams, through one ethernet, to multiple NVR ports... possible???

gjjb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks... first post and a bit of a newbie to the NVR / Webcam world.

I picked up a POE NVR (HikVision DS-7608NI-K1/8P, but I don't think that matters).
Also picked up three IP POE Cams (HikVision DS-2DE2A4041W-DE3/W, but I don't think that matters either).

See attached images (current state, and some TBD state that is the crux of my question).

Currently, my 3 POE cams are all connected directly to the NVR, and that works fine.
  • Two POE CAMs are inside the house.
  • The third POE CAM is in an external structure fed underground by ethernet POE directly to NVR.
There's also another ethernet cable that runs underground which feeds an access point so that I can get wifi out there - I don't really want to touch this one.

I want to add more of the same POE cams to the OUTSIDE structure if possible.
Therein lies the problem.

QUESTION: Is there a way that I can use a number of free ports from my NVR, feed them into switch/hub/whatever (???), use the ONE Ethernet cable that goes to the external structure, feed into another switch/hub/whatever to split and feed the various POE Cams out there? In other words, trick the NVR into seeing a different cam on each port, even though they are all run through the one ethernet cable I do have. The "TBD ???? STATE" image shows what I mean.

Other possible useful (or not) info:
Omada Controller: OC200
Router: TP LINK Omada ER605
Switch: TP Link Omada SG2210P POE+ Switch
APs: (3) TP Link Omada EAP615 (they each have 3 ethernet ports under them, one of which is POE, however, when I connected one of the CAMS to it, It didn't do anything).

Attachments