Questions about day/night brightness management (profile)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, the cameras will retain their settings..

I would
- unplug cameras
- reboot NVR
- Plug cameras in once NVR is rebooted,
- then reboot again.

Dont try and add the cameras manually in registration

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, it took me a lot of work for various reasons (among them, wanting cams in a particular order and not understanding cam name would not update immediately... Other my many cables were not labelled), but here it is:

1/ 4 NVR POE cameras are in the right order.
2/ IE links are working except for camera 3
3/ URL given for day/night setting works (copying port number).

Perfect !

Remaining problems:
- camera 3 connection: It is connected, I have the stream, but when connecting with IE link it goes to credential page, but in further screens like "settings" info does not appear. I believe this cam was before on switch.
- camera 5 does not connect. It is on switch, but before change was on NVR. It insists taking an address in 10.1.1.65. I put IP allocation in my router ISP, still doesn't change.
With ConfigTool, done reboot, tried IP change -> error

I cannot even "factory reset" it with ConfigTool because it returns "no connection" error (while it sees it).

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Auto change Day/Night Profiles when the camera changes the IR/night vision on or off.

This uses the Amcrest(Dahua) API. I did not develop this but have used it. In a browser, use this URL with your camera IP address in it. That's it.
http://192.168.1.101/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.SwitchMode=1&VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.Profile=3
If you ever change any settings in the Profiles and Save using the Web UI, that will disable it and you have to use the URL again.
Let me know if it works for you.
I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Are you saying that some or possibly all dahua cameras have the capability to automatically change between the day and night profiles, and the setting just isn't in the UI?

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@tigerwillow1
Yes. This solution was originally posted on Amcrest forum by Jason Antman. I use it and now the OP uses it. That's all I know.
It's probably the same API parms used by Dahua in recent Web UI for some cameras. When day/night is active in the recent WebUI, it apparently grays out profile settings. That probably corresponds to my comment about "change any settings in the Profiles".

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Gleneroo
For camera 5, I suggest doing a factory reset at the camera and reinstalling it to get a good IP address there.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
@Gleneroo progress!

Looks right, the 4 PoE ports are correct now, using the internal 10.1.1.x subnet. All others will use the 192.168.1.x DHCP from your router.

I had a similar issue, the config tool cant find the 10.1.1.x address if you're connected to the 192.168.1.x net. Plug your laptop into one of the PoE ports on the NVR, it will give it a 10.1.1.x address and you'll be able to find the camera with the config tool and change it to DHCP or an assigned 192.168.1.x address.

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If we look at things, I have two addresses 10.1.1.65 (on NVR and on switch) right now !
Also I am not fully happy with camera 3.

So, please tell me if I am right:
- unplug camera 1 from NVR
- plug laptop in port 1 at NVR
- use ConfigTool to factory reset camera 3 (10.1.1.67)
- use ConfigTool to try to find camera 5. If it finds it, change IP if possible. If not possible, try factory reset it.
- unplug laptop, replug camera 1 in port 1, reboot NVR.

Should that work ?

If it does, then reapply settings to cameras 3 and 5.

Thank you

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Some good work here.

Plugging laptop in Port 1 of NVR I could see camera 3. In its settings I couldn't see any reason why it would not connect completely with IE. I made a factory reset of this camera. Problem: password has been changed and I don't know it. I emailed dahua, as instructed. Still, this camera is connected in NVR and image is flowing.
For camera 5 I still could do nothing. I connected laptop to one of the switch port. There, after some trials, I could reconfigure IP in my normal range. This one now works perfectly and I used the day/night API URL and it seems to be working fine and I can connect to it and so on.
So I just have camera 3 password issue to solve and problems 1 and 3 will be solved.