Questions on OWSOO 960P IP Bullet camera

Reaction score
I have two of these that work fine except for one annoying thing. They will NOT retain the time setting. No matter what I do, they reset once a day to some default time zone about 11 hours different than mine.

I've tried saving the settings. I've tried running IE11 as an Admin. I've tried setting an NTP server and update interval.

Time takes and appears correctly for several hours, then resets to the default some hours later, but not at the same time each day per the device logs.

Any idea on how to make my local time 'stick'?.

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
exposed to the internet at all? (open ports, uPNP etc)
reset button stuck?

Any info in the logs, could be someone out there is playing. If you set the time/ntp etc then power cycle the camera is it retaining the settings then?

Reaction score
^^ Nothing specific in logs. Just seems to be doing a reset every 24 hours at the same time. Only the time though, not a full reset. Like it's hard coded somehow to sync to an Asian time server.

Two of them do exactly the same thing at the same time.

Reaction score
Use wireshark to eavesdrop on the network traffic and see what Asian time server IP it's using. Then block that IP address at your router to prevent packets going out to or coming in from that site. The linux 'iptables' command is your friend. ;)

Edit: ntp protocol uses port 123, so that will help narrow down the search. Also, be forewarned that camera manufacturers often hard code multiple DNS and NTP server IP addresses in their firmware, so it may start using another NTP server after you block the first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
NTP server shows as: ntp.fudan.edu.cn

I blocked that in the router. I also blocked the cameras themselves by both IP and MAC addresses, so they should not have any web access at all, yet they still reset to this default time zone, 11 hours earlier than mine.

Time Zone shows correct for me even after they change.