Quick question, we are selling our home

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And we have five cameras we bought from Andy... Is the proper thing to do is leave the IP addresses and passwords for each camera for the new buyers?

Is there anything else you recommend we should do to help the new buyers out?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And we have five cameras we bought from Andy... Is the proper thing to do is leave the IP addresses and passwords for each camera for the new buyers?

Is there anything else you recommend we should do to help the new buyers out?
IIRC, you're a BI user and likely are taking the PC but not the cams so it's your call, IMO....I probably would do that.

Those IP's are private so there's no concern for you and maybe they'll understand that when you tell them...otherwise they'll be on their own to reset them, configure them, etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a tough one. If you leave them there and now you become their tech service LOL.

And even if you right down instructions, unless they know about this stuff, you will still be fielding calls.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is a tough one. If you leave them there and now you become their tech service LOL.

And even if you right down instructions, unless they know about this stuff, you will still be fielding calls.
Write down ipcamtalk website for free support or new cameras for the new buyer? Make sure to look for wittaj and TonyR! :p

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone!! I'm thinking about leaving a note that reads something like this... Your thoughts?

"
IP Cameras and other Home Iot
As mentioned in the home listing, these are commercial-grade IP cameras. The five cameras need a server or NVR, and network configuration to operate correctly. We used a server with the video software “Blue Iris” to run and manage the cameras.

If you do not have the resources or knowledge to set up the cameras, many companies here in the Austin area have the capabilities.

Camera location and password:

Driveway:
Front Left:
Front Door:
Front Right:
Back Patio:
"

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, some info from the BBB regarding local businesses that profess to provide the expertise, if needed, such as:

Consider trying ==>> Better Business Bureau
Category: security cameras

At the above link I suggest typing in the category "security cameras" and "BBB Accredited Only"; put in the name of your city and state then click on "Search."

Also, try category "Surveillance Equipment"