R3 camera DS-2DF8236I-AEL: no "Platform Access" option in the menu to enable Hikconnect

nicobar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been having this (then) expansive PTZ camera for a couple years. I think it came originally with fw 5.4.0 and now it is on 5.5.71.
I cannot connect it to HikConnect because there is no "Platform Access" option under Network Settings - Advanced Settings, like in my other 20+ cameras.
I tried several firmware from both European and US website, but the option is simply never there. I think camera came originally with 5.4.0 and I don't remember if this option was there then, and I cannot downgrade to 5.4.0 to take a look.
I also tried to uninstall and reinstall webcomponents, and tried from IE11 on different computers, including compatibility mode.

Has anybody encountered this problem, and successfully connected an R3 camera to Hikconnect?

Firmwares I tried from:

Attachments

nicobar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, bumping this old thread: has anyone tried this camera, does anybody has it, if so can you verify if you have Hikconnect settings?

nicobar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any suggestion on how to connect this camera to hikconnect? It boggles my mind why it would not have hikconnect settings, since much older and cheaper cameras do.
I recently found out it works on hikconnect locally (within the lan) just fine, it's just missing the settings to activate hikconnect.
Was anyone capable of connecting this type of cameras to hikconnect?