R4 WiFi connection frequently drops

apacheguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an R4 and R2C connected to the same WiFi access point. The R2C works great without any problems. However, the R4 drops it’s WiFi connection about every other day even though it achieves better WiFi signal quality when it’s connected than the R2C. I have a static IP address assigned and scheduled maintenance enabled every week. I also updated to the latest .79 firmware. The issue persists. Once it falls offline, the only way to get it back is to power cycle the camera.

Foscams official support team has been completely worthless. They just told me to upgrade the firmware and follow their setup instructions.

apacheguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, the R4 is offline yet again and unfortunately I’m away so unable to manually reset. Foscam support continues to be worthless. They suggest I change the P2P port even though I disabled P2P and connect over HTTP. They don’t seem to understand that the camera isn’t even talking to my AP when it goes offline.

Someone once posted that all Foscams have a watchdog that will hard reboot the camera when it isn’t responding. If that’s true why isn’t the watchdog working?

apacheguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I removed the SD card from the camera and it hasn’t gone offline for a week. Any idea why recording to an SD card would cause the camera to go offline?