(R7) Hikvision DS-2DE4220IW-D firmware upgrade help needed

hirez

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a DS-2DE4220IW-D a couple of years ago from Lightinthebox.com, and this model was supposed to be a regular international model that can be upgraded. I had earlier bought the same model from Aliexpress, and that one wasn't able to tilt the lens upwards "over the horizon", whereas this new one was able to do so. I knew it was a firmware issue and the fact that this new camera wasn't limited gave me assurance that I indeed had bought a Euro version.

A little while ago I tried to upgrade the firmware. No matter which version I try, I get an error message telling there is a mismatch.

When I inspected the info screen more carefully, I noticed the serial number has the dreaded CN in it, making this a gray market Chinese model, I guess.

Has anyone been able to upgrade these R7 models to a fresh firmware? Any help would be appreciated.

The camera works fine, and it's behind a firewall. The only way to access it is via an OpenVPN tunnel so I'm not that concerned about the backdoor issues, but nonetheless it would be nice to have the latest fw and some increased security that comes with it.

TIA!

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's possible to force a firmware with TFTP but you run the risk of bricking the camera. I'd advise against it, unless someone on the forum has had success with the R7 CCC.