Race Track Setup

chrisjcbt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I hope you are well?

I'm looking for a bit of validation if thats ok? I've been asked to deploy a camera setup for a bike track. This is for a local club, and they are budget constrained (<1,300 USD for the hardware).

First up, there are two shipping containers, stacked on on top of the other. In these are the race equipment, and bikes themselves. I've already run CAT6a throughout, and have switches and 5G internet for remote access. These are secured overnight, but I want to place at least one camera in each shipping container. These are long, narrow spaces, so I was thinking about a 180 degree camera. Or two - one at each side. Overnight, there would be no ambient light, so I would be reliant on IR off the camera itself. I'm expecting to use varifocal cameras to allow me some flexibility in the placement (if they are not 180 cameras). Next is the track itself. The use case here is to cover the approach to the containers, as well as allowing club members to check the track for race conditions. I would like to use a PTZ camera. I can mount it to the side of shipping containers, and from there I would be able to survey the track, as well as the approach.

So with that said, I'm considering the following:
  • Shipping Containers = 2 x IPC-HDW5842T-ZE-S2 per container.
  • Track = 1 x SD49225DB-HNY
  • NVR = I'm not sure on this one, the ones I have used in the past are EoL
So thoughts in my mind. (1) I cannot see a 180 degree camera that does not sit proud of the wall. I would need something very flush. (2) For the PTZ, I'm not sure if I should be pushing for the higher 4 or 8MP rating given the need to use this camera to check the track. (3) Any newer/other cameras that would suit this need better?

Many thanks.