rain in the picture

avivmalca

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello friends ...
I have a problem with the cameras at night only.
I see rain in the picture
In daytime I see perfectly.
Can someone direct me to the correct settings please ?

My cameras model DS-2CD2T45FWD-I5 ( Firmware Version - V5.6.820 build 220519 )
My nvr model is DS-7608NI-K2 ( Firmware Version -V4.71.005 build 220524 )

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screenshot of the image would be helpful.

Do you mean you see rain like effect even if it isn't raining?

Or do you see rain at night when it is raining? If so, running a camera with infrared will see the rain and not a whole lot you can do except maybe external IR offset from the camera.

avivmalca

n3wb
Reaction score
Screenshot of the image would be helpful.

Do you mean you see rain like effect even if it isn't raining?

Or do you see rain at night when it is raining? If so, running a camera with infrared will see the rain and not a whole lot you can do except maybe external IR offset from the camera.
Yes , no rain at Israel now.
Just wan the camera automatically switch to night mode. In day time the image perfectly

v-milenin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
maybe it's dirt or scratches on the external surface of the glass, or dust under the camera's dome?
My cam was installed during apartment renovation and it's obtained a lot of little scratches, that i can see only in the dark with infrared mode.

avivmalca

n3wb
Reaction score
maybe it's dirt or scratches on the external surface of the glass, or dust under the camera's dome?
My cam was installed during apartment renovation and it's obtained a lot of little scratches, that i can see only in the dark with infrared mode.
Sorry...not possible.
This system is 1 months old. Brand new.
The Lance is clen.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We need to see screenshot of the image and screenshots of your settings.

We have no idea if it is noise or too low bitrate or anything else without seeing it.

setch

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same on one of my Infrared cameras at night. It was caused by a wind vortex swirling dust around, it went away when I switched to Hikvision colourvu cameras.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a new system in and see the same at night. Unfortunately, don't think there is a way to resolve it. The rain you see is what is close to the camera and is a pita while raining. I have spiders around and even get web flyers on some cams. Maybe a top shield of some type to keep the rain further from the lense. My cams under soffit are not that bad.