Random cameras freezing, but BI does not detect lost signal

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This has starting happening just in the last few days - presumably after updating to 4.0.9.0. I'm now on 4.0.9.2, and it's still happening.

When a particular camera feed freezes, the last frame is shown full (not reduced like the lost signal thumbnail), with a stuck time stamp overlay. The camera itself is fine, as I can log in directly to its webpage and view the feed.

But for some reason BI is just content with a static frame. Since it doesn't see it as a lost signal, the watchdog feature (and corresponding camera restart command) never activate.

This means I have a dead camera with a stale image, no recording, and BI doesn't know it.

In the attached thumbnail, the circled cameras are the same Hikvision, just cloned for alerting purposes. This is not camera or channel specific. Yesterday it was two other random cameras. Each time, the cameras themselves are fine and I can log into them directly.

Attachments

brizey

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm getting some odd stuff, too. I'm on 4.0.9.3. Sometimes when I get a trigger, no video is recorded. There is a snapshot in the console that shows the first frame of what would have been the video, but there is no actual video file stored. I'm guessing that the event is stored in the db, but no actual video is recorded. I have a 10 second break, so there should always be 10s, even in a false trigger event.

I'm going to try to re-enable encoding to see if there is an issue with direct write.

Not exactly the same issue, but still seems to be related to the recent updates.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ken asked to log into my Hikvision directly to see how the RTSP time code was being sent. Shortly after doing that, he said he'd have a new update out in 10 min... That is 9.4... so hopefully (fingers crossed) that'll be the end of the freezing screens. 4.0.9.4 was pushed out about an hour ago. I've just updated. It takes about 24 hours before they start to freeze up. Based on his email, I suspect he found the bug and squished it. If no freezes by this time tomorrow, Ken's my hero once again.
@brizey - yes I'm pretty sure that's the same bug I've got. I found nothing in the database, so BI sees the frozen static image as a valid signal, and w/o motion, doesn't trigger at all.

Last edited by a moderator: