Random exposure flashes, what causes this sort of behavior?

julez

n3wb
Reaction score
So this is the second camera in this location that I've seen do this now, which makes me think it's camera settings rather than issues with the camera itself. I have several more of the exact same camera that I don't see do this.

They're all IPC-HDBW5831RP-ZE

It doesn't happen all the time, just randomly throughout the day. But it triggers a motion alert in the process.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That appears to be something to do with the Backlight setting which are you using on that camera currently BLC, HLC, WDR, SSA, or Off? I would start with playing around with that setting to see if you can find out which works better.

julez

n3wb
Reaction score
That appears to be something to do with the Backlight setting which are you using on that camera currently BLC, HLC, WDR, SSA, or Off? I would start with playing around with that setting to see if you can find out which works better.
Currently using SSA.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agree, looks like a WDR/SSA reaction. I have a couple of cams that do similar with WDR enabled unless I dial it way back. Just a little goes a long way..

julez

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I hadn't thought about the backlight setting causing issues. I was thinking maybe white balance or exposure, good call!