Random signal loss from one camera and relationship with SADP

mack100

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've just built a new PC for BI, the old one had become unstable. Yesterday I did a clean installation of BI, all is going well and I'll sort out recording to 2 hdd's later. There is one problem that I had on the old PC that persists. I have 1 camera that randomly loses signal, it's not the same camera as in the old system.
If I open SADP and select all the cameras the missing camera suddenly comes online.

This camera is also the only one unreachable on a web browser. I've looked for any differences that separate this camera from the others and the only difference I can find is that on SADP this camera is showing an IPV6 address, none of the others do. I'd be grateful for any ideas on this problem.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've just built a new PC for BI, the old one had become unstable. Yesterday I did a clean installation of BI, all is going well and I'll sort out recording to 2 hdd's later. There is one problem that I had on the old PC that persists. I have 1 camera that randomly loses signal, it's not the same camera as in the old system.
If I open SADP and select all the cameras the missing camera suddenly comes online.

This camera is also the only one unreachable on a web browser. I've looked for any differences that separate this camera from the others and the only difference I can find is that on SADP this camera is showing an IPV6 address, none of the others do. I'd be grateful for any ideas on this problem.
What is the make & model of the problem cam?
And is it the same as the cams that work OK?
How are the cams powered?

mack100

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera in question is a Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-1 4mm 4MP WDR EXIR Turret Network camera, it is the same model as the other cameras that do not lose signal connection. The cams are powered by POE.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera in question is a Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-1 4mm 4MP WDR EXIR Turret Network camera, it is the same model as the other cameras that do not lose signal connection. The cams are powered by POE.
Can you or have you marked the cables and tried moving the troublesome cam to a port on the POE switch that works for another cam?
Do you have a good and very long Ethernet cable to try and bypass the one in place on the troublesome cam?

mack100

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. As it was a different camera with the same problem in my previous installation of BI I thought it might be a software conflict so I checked my router for the list of attached devices and there was a conflict of ip address with an Amazon device on the network. I assigned a new ip address to the camera and it has been stable for the past hour or so, fingers crossed:)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. As it was a different camera with the same problem in my previous installation of BI I thought it might be a software conflict so I checked my router for the list of attached devices and there was a conflict of ip address with an Amazon device on the network. I assigned a new ip address to the camera and it has been stable for the past hour or so, fingers crossed:)
That'll do it.
That's why it is wise to assign static IP's to all cameras outside of the DHCP range of the router.