Rat Jumping Out From Under Audi While Car Is Moving

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
My wife was watering the front yard when a little rat came out of nowhere into our yard just after noon time. I said lets go take a look at some video and see where it came from. Apparently it had a temporary home on the underside of this Audi and did not care for the moving "home" and jumped ship.

Last edited:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
If that was a pack rat, that car's wiring may have some serious problems. Those things can chew right through the wires, copper and all!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 ^^^. Rodents of all types (squirrels, rats, mice, gophers) just LOVE thermoplastics; they'd chew up the traffic signal conductors in the pullboxes and chew the tops off of photoelectric controls atop street lights.

Two years ago a gray squirrel chewed the ACSR (aluminum conductor steel reinforced) messenger on the overhead electrical service drop (which is also the neutral for a 120/240 volt, split-phase, 3-wire residence) going to my mom-in-laws house. Nothing in the house that ran on 120VAC would work, only the 240VAC water heater, clothes dryer and stove would work, as they don't need a neutral.

The little devil gnawed through it like it was candy, only the 2 black hot legs supported the drop....makes my teeth hurt thinking about it.