Re-installatting earlier versions

alexdelove

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

With BI 4.3.2.X via two latest updates my server starting crashing and having playback issues. I'm sure its been answered before, how does one revert back to version from a month ago, say 4.2.9.X ?

Thanks,
Alex..

alexdelove

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Are they stored somewhere on the BI server, after they're downloaded and installed?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Are they stored somewhere on the BI server, after they're downloaded and installed?
No, you would have had to download it manually from the website on a prior occasion or find an earlier version that is posted by users on this site.

alexdelove

n3wb
Reaction score
Original install version fie is at least a year old. This is what I am asking, how does one re-installed a version from a month ago? Where are they posted on this site, in this forum? Does anyone maintain a list perhaps of all released versions with install files? Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Original install version fie is at least a year old. This is what I am asking, how does one re-installed a version from a month ago? Where are they posted on this site, in this forum? Does anyone maintain a list perhaps of all released versions with install files? Thank you.
You need to search the forum..there are more recent updates posted.
That is why its always recommended to do manual updates so you have the install files locally.

alexdelove

n3wb
Reaction score
Great. Thank you very much. Downloaded and will give it a try. Noticed that 4.3.2.4 came out today, will try it and issues still exist will try to downgrade with your file.

So silly me, I realized update.exe is the file that gets downloaded into BI root directory and installed each time you upgrade. So, easy backup plan is to simply copy that file elsewhere for safekeeping for later use if there is a need. Thank you bp2008 for making me take a look and learn something about BI once again. Kudos to you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great. Thank you very much. Downloaded and will give it a try. Noticed that 4.3.2.4 came out today, will try it and issues still exist will try to downgrade with your file.

So silly me, I realized update.exe is the file that gets downloaded into BI root directory and installed each time you upgrade. So, easy backup plan is to simply copy that file elsewhere for safekeeping for later use if there is a need. Thank you bp2008 for making me take a look and learn something about BI once again. Kudos to you!
You can also download the update file directly from the website without even installing it and save for future use...