Re-soldering SD memory card module on Huisun V2 4x cam

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
My SD memory card would not be detected by the camera so when I contact Huisun about it, they said to re-solder some of the points on the SD memory module. They sent me some pictures where they suspected where the problem was at.

I have many years of experiences working with SMT (surface mounted technology) and micro-circuits and this is trivial task for me. I also have the tools needed for this task on hand. This post is *NOT* an instruction on how to repair memory card module yourself but just to entertain the readers.

If you want to use this post as a guideline to do the repair on your own memory card module then you are doing it *AT YOUR OWN RISK*

First thing I did was to pop off the cover using the tool that came with the camera.
I inserted it at the top and then lightly pull back until it came off completely

SD1.jpg

Removing the 4 screws at each corners

SD2.jpg

Carefully pulled out the Len/Circuit housing
Disconnected the Pan/Tilt and Power/Ethernet wires

SD3.jpg

Pan/Tilt and Power/Ethernet wires disconnected. Seperated from the main housing.
Notice that memory card slot is buried underneath a circuit board. It metal housing was touching the board above it.
This concerns me so when I put it back together,
I screw it back that the memory card is completely exposed out away from the circuit board. (shown in other photo)

SD4.jpg

Removed 3 screws and moved the PoE power module out of the way.
I did not see any need to disconnect the wires so I left it still connected to the module.

SD5.jpg

Removed 3 spacers and moved the Pan/Tilt controller module of out the way.
Again I did not see any need to disconnect the wires since there room to access the memory card and its screw.

SD6.jpg

Disconnected the bus wire and removed the screw and memory card module.

SD7.jpg

**Continue to next post part 2**

Last edited by a moderator:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
**Part 2**

Inspected the memory card module and found two cold solder joints.
The toothpick is pointing where the cold joints was found at.

SD8.jpg

I had to dig out my trusty old SMT work station from the storage and set it up.

SD9.jpg

Good liquid solder flux is a must when working with SMT circuity

SD10.jpg

All put back together
Notice this time when I put the memory card module back in
The card slot is now completely exposed outward and
there is still room for it go back into the main housing without touching the outer walls.

SD11.jpg

Now the camera detects the SD memory card after I inserted it in the slot.

card.jpg

Bill

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Brilliant indeed!
Hopefully you will get some feedback from Huisun after you advise them of the outcome.
It sounds like they are aware of the quality problem. Possibly a bought-in part.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
My 10x V2 recognizes the card I installed and shows its size (29Gb free on 32gb card,)
but I haven't been able to get the cam to record to it. Anyone else get this working?
Also, when i 'format' the card in the cam's UI, it goes to about 4% then simply stops,
i can't tell if it failed or just completed quickly. (I did format the card in my Windows machine before installing it)
I'll post my settings later when i've got access... thanx.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
My 10x V2 recognizes the card I installed and shows its size (29Gb free on 32gb card,)
but I haven't been able to get the cam to record to it. Anyone else get this working?
Also, when i 'format' the card in the cam's UI, it goes to about 4% then simply stops,
i can't tell if it failed or just completed quickly. (I did format the card in my Windows machine before installing it)
I'll post my settings later when i've got access... thanx.
That the symptoms i encountered when I tried to use the SD card for the first time. It recognizes the card and when I tried to format it, it go like to 4%-8% then stops. When I check the card in my computer it shows that the card was corrupted and needed to be repair.

You probably have cold solder joints on your card module.

Formatting in Windows then inserting it in the camera doesn't accept the card for some reason. I noticed that it add a couple of files on the card after it format in the camera so that probably why it still show unavailable when you format it in Windows then insert it in the camera. It doesn't see those files on the card.

Bill