Reached MAX capability of AI analysis with DH-XVR1B08H

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The issue is that is a very low end hybrid XVR. It is only capable of limited AI (SMD only) by Recorder.

The spec sheet shows either 4 or 8 MAX analog channels for SMD By Recorder depending on the model.
These max channels are for analog (HDCVI) cameras as they do not have the ability to do AI functions such as SMD by themselves

DH-XVR1B08H-I
SMD Plus by Recorder - 8-channel: Secondary filtering for human and motor
vehicle , reducing false alarms caused by leaves, rain and
lighting condition change

DH-XVR1B08-I
SMD Plus by Recorder - 4-channel: Secondary filtering for human and motor
vehicle , reducing false alarms caused by leaves, rain and
lighting condition change

If you have added IP cameras it will disable SMD on your analog/HDCVI cameras.
However if you run IP cameras that have their own ability to do SMD, then all 8 IP cameras with SMD capability will run but you will not have SMD capability by Recorder for your analog cameras.

For those who use this as an example of the negatives of NVR's... PuLeease.

NVR's are no different than PCs running BI software. Both have hardware limitations. You cant run the same number of channels on your BI machine if the hardware is low end as you can with higher end PC models and faster processors. NVRs are the same. They range in price of sub $100 to many times that. A $100 XVR isnt going to have the same specs as a $500 NVR

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
For those who use this as an example of the negatives of NVR's... PuLeease.
NVR's are no different than PCs running BI software. Both have hardware limitations. You cant run the same number of channels on your BI machine if the hardware is low end as you can with higher end PC models and faster processors. NVRs are the same. They range in price of sub $100 to many times that. A $100 XVR isnt going to have the same specs as a $500 NVR
Time & convenience, I'd spend $400 on an NVR than $400 on a Blue Iris system. Saves mucking around configuring and most NVRs have a built in POE switch plug & play.