Reading Camera settings

Tizeye

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had running fine with BI on 2 NIC system...then my SSD died. Of course I had no backup as this is a dedicated PC so easy to re-install Windows and BI on the new SSD (Drive C:) as all data is on as separate hard drive (Drive D:).

The problem is, BI cannot find the cameras as I probably have to re-configure the NIC to the IP address of the cameras which differs from the LAN. Of course, I forgot the base address used for the cameras to re-configure the 2nd NIC so BI can find them. Is there some program and procedure where I can read the camera setting directly, and potentially change them if desired? While don't want to dismount the cameras (although I do need to re-position one after a gutter install partially blocking view) would I be able to view the camera setting (no video - just settings/firmware version etc) by disconnecting the line at the network switch and attach to a laptop running something like SmartPSS?

Tizeye

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try the config tool.
Thanks. Will try it. Noted each 'locate/change' in the Wiki was based on being on same LAN, and that's the issue with the different IP address of the camera. I might be able to guess it as the standard IP address is _ . _.0.1 as I changed the 0 to my year of birth in the primary LAN. Believe I may have kept the cameras at either 0 or 1 but without programming the 2nd NIC to the base camera IP address, BI (and SmartPSS and others) just won't discover them.

Will try. Thanks.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua defaults to 192.168.1.108. So if you left the cameras as they came, then they'd be on the 192.168.1.x subnet.